About the Hotel
Located just ninety minutes from Cairns and forty minutes from Port Douglas, Daintree Eco Lodge provides an unexpected remoteness to its guests and is a prime reason why Daintree Eco Lodge is one of the most awarded eco destinations in the world. Daintree Eco Lodge features fifteen villas that are positioned high in the rainforest canopy to give guests an expansive of the rainforest while enjoying all of the comforts that are usually expected of a boutique retreat.
The Daintree rainforest, named after Richard Daintree, a geologist, and photographer, is the largest continuous area of land in Australian continent to be a tropical rainforest and spans around 1,200 square kilometers. Daintree Eco Lodge provides a true rainforest experience and is the perfect getaway to relax and explore the wonders of nature and learn about the forgotten aboriginal culture at its art gallery. The Daintree Eco Lodge is a true haven for nature lovers as The Daintree is nature at its rawest best.
The Daintree Eco Lodge offers three types of villas, namely, the canopy villa, the villa with lagoon view and finally, the rainforest villa with spa bath. All three types of villas have a maximum capacity of three adults and children. The bedding in the rooms is either a king bed or two single beds.
All five of the lagoon villas look over the lily pond and restaurant.
All the fifteen secluded and raised villas have screened balconies to prevent any uninvited guests. Air conditioning, ceiling fans, and ironing facilities are available on site and for individual use in all villas. They also include a refrigerator, tea and coffee making facilities, and not to mention the daily servicing. If these weren’t enticing enough, each villa has its own private and well-stocked mini bar and luxurious body products. They are furnished with comfort as the key ingredient, all the while ensuring that nothing takes away the serenity of the nature around them.
The Daintree Eco Lodge offers three packages for stay, the nature package, the nurture package and the culture package. The nature package is designed for the nature lovers and revolves around exploring The Daintree rainforest and its surrounds. The nurture package is designed to help guests rejuvenate their mind, body and soul and revolves around the luxurious spa and wellness center activities. The culture package is for those that wish to dive deep into the depth and knowledge of the local history, culture and cuisine. All three packages are for 4 days and 3 nights.
The Restaurant at the Daintree Eco Lodge, Julaymba Restaurant has a balcony terrace that overlooks the calm fresh water lagoon and is unique crafted to compliment everything that the rainforest experience is about. The Julaymba Restaurant is accessible from each of the fifteen individual villas through elevated boardwalks through the rich rainforest. The Julaymba Restaurant has a side garden that grows ginger, bush tucker and other plants whose produce is used in the kitchen to make mouthwatering seasonal delicacies.
The Daintree Eco Lodge has arguably the most unique spa is Australia and one of a kind in a rainforest. It features a carefully chosen selection of zenoxys, aromatherapy, beauty treatments, body wraps and a state of the art vichy shower. At Daintree Eco Lodge, this day spa is a must do experience that will definitely help you relax and refuel. Lodging at the center of the rainforest can never be a dull affair and true to its word, The Daintree Eco Lodge and Spa offers several activities that incorporate the beauty, tradition, and heritage of the oldest rainforests in the world. A guided walk through the rainforest is an activity that helps you see several species that you didn’t even know existed. On the walk, look out for the Idiospermum australiense that is commonly referred to as ‘idiot fruit’. It is one of the most primitive and rarest flowering plants. There is a total of nineteen primitive flowering families on Earth and twelve of these families are represented in this rainforest. The flora and fauna are exceptionally rich are probably just what you need to catch a break from the busy office, tight schedules, and suffocating deadlines.
Another popular and much talked about activity offered at The Daintree Eco Lodge is the Aboriginal art and cultural workshops offered at their art gallery. The Australian Aboriginal culture is bountiful in practices and ceremonies that are centered in the belief of Dreamtime. The art of this rich culture saw the night sky as a repository of stories and law. It’s a true awakening of a bygone era and its innocent discoveries.
Daintree boatman nature tours are another once in a lifetime must have experience that just has to be done once you are at The Daintree Eco Lodge. It is an exclusive river cruise through the Daintree River either at dawn or at dusk. Previous visitors estimated an average of forty wildlife species to have been spotted during each cruise. Jungle surfing adventures are provided for the bolder hearts to zip through the trees, high up in the canopy for an exhilarating experience.
The fourth natural wonder of the word, The Great Barrier Reef is right at the doorstep of The Daintree Eco Lodge and there are several ways to explore this natural beauty and its vast species of marine fauna. The ocean safari is a ride to snorkel the pure and untouched Great Barrier Reef off the coast of the Daintree at Cape Tribulation. Two different snorkel destinations, Mackay, and Undine Reefs are visited in this half-day ecotour, each with its own intense range of coral species and marine life.
Check the Video:
How to Book:
A few more pointers about The Daintree Eco Lodge
- Check-ins start from 2pm and checkouts are until 10am but the timings are flexible based on the convenience of guests. Reservations can be made by phone or email. There are no cancellation fees for most villas but this may vary based on seasons and villa type.
- Free Wi-Fi is available in the common areas of The Daintree Eco Lodge. Free private parking is also provided on the site without any prior reservations.
- The Daintree Eco Lodge provides airport shuttles regularly to conveniently take its guests to their next adventure spot. Tour desk is also present to help any spontaneous plans make its way to reality quickly and economically.
- Accommodation at The Daintree Eco Lodge includes a full and healthy breakfast buffet daily with exotic fruits and seasonal delicacies.
- All rooms are non-smoking zones and air-conditioned. Designated smoking areas are provided on site.
- The restaurant at The Daintree Eco Lodge caters to special diet menus on request. The restaurant offers packed lunches to its departing guests to help them stay in this authentic experience a while longer.
- The Daintree Eco Lodge has an outdoor pool with a view of the world heritage site, The Daintree; a long swim is a must here.
- The Daintree Eco Lodge offers a bar stocked with anything that could possibly be imagined in addition to the private mini-bar present in each individual villa.
- Weddings, Private hire, and corporate events are welcome to be conducted at The Daintree Eco Lodge. They have expert organizers to tailor each event to be perfect and each tiny detail is handled with professionalism.
- A shared lounge and TV area is the place where all guests of The Daintree Eco Lodge get together and mingle.
- Swedish and English are spoken by staff at The Daintree Eco Lodge and voicing your needs or appreciation will not be hard.
- Pets are not allowed, as they could get hard to manage while out on adventures in The Daintree.
- The gift shop at The Daintree Eco Lodge has irresistible souvenirs to take back to regular lives that will entice you to revisit soon.
The Daintree Eco Lodge is an affordable experience of authenticity, ethnicity and pureness of the untouched nature and is a must-see, must-have experience for people from all walks of life to relax, reflect and rejuvenate which is probably just what you need.