About the Hotel
The Ngorongoro Crater Lodge is one of those luxury hotels where you can enjoy the beauty of nature by witnessing it with your naked eye, as the lodge is surrounded by the Ngorongoro Conservation area which spans across a whooping 8300 square kilometers stretching from the Rift valley to the Serengeti. All these factors make the Ngorongoro one of the must visit places in the world and one you will certainly never forget.
The world famous Ngorongoro crater can be seen from everywhere in the suites, even from bathrooms. The crater floor provides home for a variety of wildlife, and the peace and harmony in which they live together create a perfect atmosphere for enjoyment. The world famous Ngorongoro crater can be seen from everywhere in the suites, even from bathrooms. The crater floor provides home for a variety of wildlife, and the peace and harmony in which they live together create a perfect atmosphere for enjoyment. The Nilotic ethnic group Maasai lives near the crater. They are very friendly and feed their cattle from the surrounding areas. There are many values and lessons a Maasai can teach one
The place offers excellent climatic conditions. The temperature of the place can vary from 30 degree Celsius during summer to 19 degree Celsius during winter. Tourists always flood the area irrespective of the seasons. This is partly due to the fact that the place is beautiful in all seasons and can provide a peaceful atmosphere for those seeking one. The summer season is the time when the flowers bloom and provide a romantic setup while the winter season is the peak season and is perfect for safaris and adventures.
The place also provides private butler service and makes the person get a sense of royalty. The separate dining rooms provided by the lodge are simply world class. The lodge also provides a shop of local crafts and sculptures which will make a great place to shop for a memento of your time at the crater. The customer service at the lodge is also an important silver lining of the place. They are happy to assist the tourists during their stay there and also provide the customers with tips about the places to visit and how to make use of the time there. The traditions and beliefs of the people at the Ngorongoro amuse the travellers so much that they also try to participate in their rituals. The tribes living near the crater are really friendly people and they try to treat guests as gods.
The Ngorongoro crater is home to a variety of endangered animals. The black rhinos and giant tusked elephants are regularly spotted near the crater. There are approximately over 2500 large mammals resident over the entire area, which include 16 highly endangered black rhinos and around 70 lions.
There are various tours and safaris organised by the lodge itself as well as other external agencies. The treasures of Tanzania safari is a safari to Tanzania’s terrific Serengeti plains and Ngorongoro crater. Tanzania beaches and safari holiday is a safari to the Mbemba island’s white beaches and coral reefs. These tours are quite remarkable and the tourists are overwhelmed with satisfaction. There is also a choice of three walking safaris provided by the lodge itself. These safaris range from a few hours to even a full day depending upon the customer’s needs. The lodge also provides game drives on the crater floor as well as banquets on the crater floor. The customers are also amused by the African music and drummers as seen in the movies. This is a trademark event in every hotels in the area and the tourists are really moved by the performances. Sometimes the musicians also invite the customers to dance to their tunes. The lodge also has a really well maintained garden which stretches over a large area. The customers are welcomed to take a stroll on the garden and enjoy the evening sun. The lodge also provides day trips to Olduvai Gorge and Shifting sands which are a couple of nice places near the area. Pre dinner drinks are also provided on the house and the drinks are the famous drinks of the Maasai people. The lodge also provides rose petal dinners as well as private sundowners on the rim.
The architecture of the lodge is simply breathtaking. The structural style of the lodge reminds of a traditional Maasai mud and stick manyatta (home). While the interiors and finishes are crafted to perfection, the bathrooms are lit with chandeliers and there is a private deck for every rooms in the lodge.
Ngorongoro crater lodge provides pan American cuisine which is a thing of beauty in sight as well as in taste. The communal area is provided with a sparkling fireplace, tables laden with crystal and silver wares and huge wooden serving platters. Meals are provided in the communal area or can be arranged in the open decks provided on each room, thereby enjoying nature while having the meal, and the customers can enjoy their food to their maximum satisfaction. The kitchen at the lodge also packs a lunch for customers who are going for safaris and games. The bar which is provided at the lodge provides the customers with all famous drinks as well as the cultural Maasai drinks. The lodge consists of three camps North and South camps as well as a tree camp.
Check the Video:
How to Book:
The Ngorongoro crater is also known as Africa’s Eden as well as the eighth wonder of the world. It is the largest unbroken un-flooded caldera in the world the Ngorongoro Crater is 19km long by 16km wide by 1km deep. This is without a doubt one of the most beautiful places in Africa. Among the other main attractions in the area are the lakes Ndutu and Eyasi. The Empakaai crater also amuses people. The sunrise and sunset at the lodge is something of a legend. It’s one of the most beautiful sights during the program and many customers stay awake all night to watch the sunrise through their decks.
The Ngorongoro crater lodge provides all those basic services needed by the customer and does their job to perfection.
- They provide free wi-fi facilities for the customers.
- They also provide free laundry service.
- Babysitting service is also provided by the lodge if you want to plan a romantic getaway from the lodge and the service will be as reliable as the lodge.
- The lodge also provides a beauty therapist.
- Many other programs like yoga, gym etc are also provided at the lodge. All of these are a simple phone call away.
- The dramatic and breathtaking location of the lodge is simply memorable and will surely create irreplaceable memories.
- The game drives provided at the lodge let you savour eye to eye moments with a variety of nature’s wildest beasts and give you the opportunity to take some snaps and remember those moments. The game drives are usually done on 4×4 trucks.
- The rooms at the lodge are designed with colonial style models and are filled with antiques, premium silk curtains, plump cushions and huge, leather-backed chairs etc. The design of the rooms is a mixture of traditional African elements with most modern technologies.
- The Ngorongoro crater lodge will surely suit those customers who are looking for getaway from their normal lives and experience something different, something which can be eye opening and can provide a spiritual connection with oneself and the nature.
- The design of the lodge has all the similarities to that of a hobbit land. It is also a really nice place for children. The place provides many programs for children to keep them occupied and also for them to have a great time.
- Another major plus point about the lodge is its room service. The room service provides the customers its full commitment and does a remarkable job on the rooms no matter how much mess you have made it.
The Ngorongoro crater lodge is one of the pillars of Tanzania. It helps to enhance the tourism of Tanzania to a great extent. Many leading magazines have put their name on the many lists of greatest hotels in the world and it is deservedly being named as one of the most beautiful hotels in the world. It is a pleasure to experience it.