About the Hotel
Cradled amidst a lush green canopy of rugged fig trees and mesmerizing palms, the twelve marvelous, cozy suites of the andBeyond Sandibe Okavango safari lodge offer sweeping views of the enchanting Okavango delta of the intriguing African continent. This incredible destination can be accessed by boarding any Air Botswana or Air link flight from Cape Town or Johannesburg to Kasane or Maun, followed by a connecting flight to the Okavango Delta. The safari lodge can be reached from the airstrip by a game drive. Commonly referred to as the ‘jewel’ of Kalahari, this fan-shaped delta is fed by river Okavango which originates in the lofty highlands of Angola and intercepts Botswana at Mohembo. Being a world heritage site, the Okavango delta is one of the most sought after safari destinations in the world, for those who love to revel in the endless charms of placid wilderness. So, it’s not surprising that there are many nature hotels in the area.
Breath-taking sights of extraordinary natural splendor surround the Sandibe Okavango safari lodge. Meandering waterways lined with luxuriant palms and papyrus, pristine lagoons and picturesque islands housing some of the most exotic species of wildlife, transport individuals to a surreal world. Prides of lions, leopards, herds of majestic elephants, red lechwe, cheetahs, buffaloes and African wild dogs seem to wait at every step! Honey badgers, banded mongoose and hippos are spotted in particular pockets.
In the recent past, the Sandibe Okavango safari lodge has bagged a number of accolades as the leading safari lodge of Botswana at the ‘World Travel’ awards, the open category at the ‘Hospitality design’ awards and the design Africa category at the ‘Africa innovation’ awards. Apart from making it to the list of top 50 new hotels in the world, the Sandibe Okavango safari lodge has been enlisted as runner-up for the best design and the best safari cuisine in Botswana. So you can be sure it’s one of the best hotels in Botswana.
The Sandibe Okavango safari lodge consists of twelve premium suites characterized by awe-inspiring organic architecture with intricate patterns of hand-woven exteriors, which seems to effortlessly blend in with the adjoining panorama. Each intimate suite exudes timeless elegance and has been exclusively designed for striking a perfect balance between the key elements of privacy and visibility. The suites which are raised above the tall papyrus, are reminiscent of the captivating nests of golden weaver birds!
With the suites nestled amidst huge trees and thickets framing the water bodies, the eyes get to enjoy unlimited access to the amazing vistas of the delta, while unwinding in the deep tranquility of the suites. Sprawling stretches of grassy floodplains fringed with palm islands and giant termite mounds exist beyond the confines of this venue. This outstanding example of safari hotels boasts of exclusive steep walks of over 55,000 acres of wilderness situated in close vicinity to the Moremi Game Reserve.
Each of the spacious suites feature a lovely fireplace and a private plunge pool in addition to all the essentials such as room fans, air-conditioning and laundry facilities, mosquito nets, a safe for locking your valuables, a hair-dryer and a butler’s hatch. A pair of twin beds is provided which are easily convertible to double. There are provisions for indoor as well as outdoor showers for greater convenience. Guests can treat themselves to the most rejuvenating therapeutic massages at the strategically located massage sala, while soaking in every drop of the encompassing natural charms.
The interiors of the suites bring out the magnificence of Botswana craft with the use of wonderfully sculpted side tables made from tree trunks, a crocodile embossed casual sofa crafted in leather, copper-clad mekoro and basket ware. The exceptionally designed Sandibe Okavango safari lodge seems to be equipped with every essential ingredient for a truly sensational getaway, wrapped by a sublime aura of serenity coupled with the heavenly bounties of nature.
Wake to the refreshing sounds of nature – the twittering of birds, the chattering of baboons or groups of animals zesty enjoying a cool splash in the morning! The leisurely afternoons approaching towards sunset, strip open a pack of mystical moments filled with tremendous solace, spent in the lap of nature. The starry skies in the evening seem to flood every corner of the mind with overwhelming emotions! The scrumptious delicacies served on the elevated deck, the concert of the frogs and the crackling fireplace inside, completely feels like a land of fairy tale!
The lodge organizes thrilling bush walks at daytime and spine chilling safaris during the day as well as night, for getting up close and personal with several iconic species of the rich Okavango delta! The tourists can look forward to some unforgettable rendezvous with lions, semi-aquatic red lechwe, antelopes, giraffe, elephant herds, sitatunga, hippo, the giant horned kudu, exquisite birds and colonies of bats! Usually hotels offering such services are called wild animal hotels. Being situated at the edge of Okavango’s permanent waterways, this safari lodge has ample dry land in the adjoining areas for enjoying long walks and drives.
While the bush walks provide golden opportunities for the keenest observation of various aspects of the surrounding habit, their tactful off-roading practices deliver the most enthralling and intimate game sightings! The wide selection of customized expeditions of &Beyond, can effectively quench the thirst of individuals who crave for unique, personalized adventure.
&Beyond’s terrific private jet expeditions or mobile camping expeditions in Botswana, have been especially designed for catering to the requirements of small groups for discovering the most stunning elements of the unparalleled African wildlife:
- Their ‘classic explorer safari’ covers the Chobe National Park, Okavango delta and Savute with a plethora of exciting terrestrial and aquatic activities including bush walks, game drives, mokoro excursions, fishing and spectacular cruises on a private boat. Your itinerary can also be modified to include the Victoria Falls!
- Their ‘superior explorer safari’ also consists of 8 days and it includes all the above mentioned destinations along with a luxurious stay at one of the indulgent &Beyond lodges of Okavango.
- The ‘Botswana highlights’ mobile camping expedition which is perfectly timed between February and April, includes the most renowned regions of Botswana including the astounding Nxai Pans!
- The ‘scenic highlights’ safari too combines several exciting activities on land and water with special emphasis on the annual zebra migration at the Nxai Pans National Park.
Check the Video:
How to Book:
Highlights of a delightful stay at the Sandibe Okavango safari lodge:
- The hours for check-in commence from 12 pm and continue till 2 pm in the afternoon. However, these timings are flexible and can be adjusted according to the specific requirements of guests.
- Wi-Fi facilities are available in every suite as well as the common guest areas of the Sandibe Okavango safari lodge, so there is absolutely no fear of missing out on anything important regarding work or any other issue.
- The safari lodge has not erected fences for retaining the original carefree essence of the wilderness. For this reason, they provide security guards for accompanying the guests, whenever they step out for enjoying a stroll at night. Guests are specially requested to remain alert round the clock.
- Welcome each morning with a gentle tap on the door of your suite and be enticed with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee or tea paired with crunchy rusks. Have an elaborate discussion with your guide regarding the plans for the day.
- Gorge on sumptuous, piping hot breakfast dishes featuring waffles, eggs, oats and a host of other options, followed by an awesome platter of fresh fruits and finger-licking cheese!
- The Sandibe Okavango safari lodge has an interactive kitchen where the friendly staff rustle up mind-blowing dishes featuring the choicest breads, gourmet pizzas along with delectable Botswana beef.
- Guests can catch the culinary actions of the expert chefs absolutely live at the interactive kitchen! Witness the fresh, locally sourced ingredients slowly acquiring the form of irresistible dishes!
- The safari lodge arranges for super exciting bush walks and game drives twice every day. There are interesting programs of keeping the children entertained. Child-minding facilities can also be provided at additional charges.
- The children who are aged 5 years or below are not permitted to take part in the game drives or nature walks. The children aged between 6 and 11 years might be allowed for game drives, solely depending on the manager’s discretion. Those above 16 are most welcome to participate in game drives or nature walks.
- At additional costs, guests can participate in thrilling helicopter flights for exploring the wilderness from various perspectives.
- Opportunity to indulge in relaxing massages in one’s own suite or at the beautiful spa overlooking the belts of lush greenery.
- The Sandibe Okavango safari lodge has a fully equipped gymnasium featuring rowing machine, stationary bike, treadmill and weights for engaging in some terrific workout sessions during a fantastic getaway.
- The safari shop at the lodge is adequately stocked with impressive souvenirs which can be packed for taking back home, along with loads of beautiful Okavango memories.
To sum it up, a stay at the Sandibe Okavango safari lodge, one of the most unusual hotels in Africa, offers a once in a lifetime experience for all those souls who treasure an ardent passion for the untamed wonders of nature. Topped with generous doses of world class luxury, it sets the mood for a truly unforgettable getaway!